Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wildflower Festival in Crested Butte, Colorado

One of my favorite summer events is the Wildflower Festival in Crested Butte. I just returned from a whirlwind trip and want to share a few photos of the walking garden tour.
Crested Butte sits at 9,000 feet and the flowers I saw in gardens were all the same flowers I have growing in my garden, with one exception. The Lupine in Crested Butte will take your breathe away. They are tall, brilliant colored and majestic. I have yet to get Lupine to take hold and bloom for me. I am 'undaunted' though and will continue to try.
After the garden tour I am headed to a local nursery to buy some Poppy plants! They were in full bloom and just gorgeous.
I am waiting to see if my Peony will bloom this year and was so impressed with the Peony I saw in Crested Butte.
The following photos are from the walking garden tour. I have just two photos of the scenery around Crested Butte...the hillsides are full of wildflowers! I was able to take some hikes and walk the trails to celebrate the beauty. Nature is so healing and so surprising in its gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! Matt and I watched your slide show...twice! Gorgeous! I wanted to go to this festival, but time just wouldn't allow (I read about it in 5280). Maybe next year I can tag along with you!

    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cab Lover - Wow! Really beautiful. My favorites were the poppies and the lupines. I felt like I should check the photos carefully to try to catch a glimpse of Miss Rumphius.

    ReplyDelete